From: Jordan Ruud <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:52:11 +0000

Greetings all – I’m fairly new to this side of things and wanted to run a
question by those with more experience in licensing. Our music faculty have
concert recordings that they’d like to deposit in our institutional
repository, which is publicly accessible. I’m not entirely sure about the
permissibility of this under our campus licenses with ASCAP and BMI (which
I assume are fairly standard licenses).

From experience, is depositing records like this generally permitted, or
(my fear) is it a case-by-case question of determining the ownership of
each composition in a concert recording to identify which can or can’t be
deposited?

Thanks and happy Friday,

Jordan Ruud

Interim Director and Collection Development Librarian, Boreham Library,
University of Arkansas – Fort Smith