From:  Julia Lovett ,[log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 00:06:50 -0400

Recently one of our graduates discovered that someone is attempting to sell copies of their thesis on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other sites. The thesis is freely available on our institutional repository, but under copyright with all rights reserved.

There's no publisher or seller information on any of the listings, but I looked up the ISBN number and it's registered to a company with the same address as Ingram Content: https://www.ingramcontent.com/

There are some blog posts on this company publishing (or allowing self-publishing) copyrighted content. I'm now trying to find out more and wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Many thanks,

Julia

--
Julia A. Lovett (she/her)
Associate Professor, Digital Initiatives Librarian