From: Heidi McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 19:57:32 +0000

Dear colleagues,

Path to Open is a community-driven pilot program to support the open access
publication of new scholarly books that bring diverse perspectives and
research to millions of people. As a founding supporter of Path to Open,
JSTOR is pleased to welcome the Boston Library Consortium (BLC) to the
program.

“Boston Library Consortium is known for empowering its members through
investment in scalable resources and approaches,” says Rebecca Seger, VP of
Institutional Participation and Strategic Partnerships at ITHAKA. “Their
support for Path to Open, and the participation of BLC member institutions,
enables ground-breaking new research in the humanities and social sciences
to be published and used through an affordable, open access model that—with
broad, continuous community support—promises to be a sustainable way
forward for scholarly monographs.”

Designated as an opt-in program for BLC’s member institutions, eight
libraries signed on to Path to Open immediately, including Boston Public
Library—the first public library to join Path to Open. The full list of BLC
members joining Path to Open so far include: Boston Public Library,
Brandeis University, Trinity College, Tufts University, the University of
Massachusetts-Amherst, the University of New Hampshire, Wellesley College,
and Wesleyan University. The college and university libraries support the
learning and research needs of more than 50,000 students and faculty, while
Boston Public Library serves over 6 million people.

Learn more about Path to Open <https://about.jstor.org/path-to-open>.

Read the full press release:
https://about.jstor.org/news/boston-library-consortium-supports-path-to-open/

Best –

Heidi

Heidi McGregor

VP, Communications

ITHAKA | www.ithaka.org

ITHAKA’s mission is to improve access to knowledge and education for people
around the world. We believe education is key to the well-being of
individuals and society. Through our work, we make higher education and
access to knowledge more affordable, improve outcomes for students and
researchers, and preserve knowledge for future generations. Our services
include: Constellate, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR/Artstor, and Portico. Learn more at
www.ithaka.org.