From: National Acquisitions Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 9:45 PM

**apologies for cross posting**

Bookings are now open for NAG’s 14th edition of the highly successful
Collection Development for Academic Libraries Seminar
<https://nag.org.uk/event/seminar2024/> which takes place at the Friends
House, 173-177 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ, on Thursday 16th May 2024
alongside our separate Public Library Forum
<https://nag.org.uk/event/forum2024/>.  A full programme is available to
download on the event webpage <https://nag.org.uk/event/seminar2024/>;
confirmed papers include:

   - A new workflow for the acquisition & supply of accessible texts, *Kevin
   O’Donovan, LSE*
   - Dumping the spreadsheet: implementing electronic resources management
   software at Canterbury Christ Church University, *Theresa Thurston,
   Canterbury Christ Church University*
   - Great Barrier Grief: taught students’ experiences of and frustrations
   with e-book and e-textbook platforms in HE, *Philip Barraclough,
   University of Exeter Library*
   - Cataloguing 2024,* Anne Welsh, Beginning Cataloguing*
   - AI vs API: exploring automated approaches to retrieving data to
   support purchasing decisions,
*Isobel Archer and Laura D’Silva, Leeds University Library *

Ticket prices have been held at £160+VAT for NAG Members and £210+VAT for
non-members.  Do drop us a message if you’re not sure about your
Institution’s membership status and we would be happy to check.  In the
interests of widening participation, we are offering any further tickets
booked for the same Institution at half price – so buy one, get one (or
more!) half price.  Please email the NAG office to take advantage of this
offer and we will send you a custom invoice.

Our Gold Sponsor for NAG Seminar is Browns Books.

Best wishes

Jennie, Christine and the NAG Exec Team

Jennie Hillyard, M.A., B.A. (Hons.), MCLIP
Business Development Manager, National Acquisitions Group  www.nag.org.uk

c/o Courtley West, 1 Clarke Hall Farm,
Aberford Road,
Wakefield,
West Yorkshire
WF1 4AL

@UKLibrariesNAG

Please use email to contact us wherever possible, as we will generally be
able to respond more quickly to this than to a phone message.  However, if
you do wish to speak to somebody personally, the numbers are 07407 086070
(finance) 07587 133012 (other enquiries)