From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2019 22:03:15 -0400
From: "Bergan, Rachel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 09:28:30 +0000

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

In case you haven’t seen it already, I thought you’d be interested in a new
post on the Librarian Resources blog which explores a day in the life of a
Data Steward, and how this role fits within the work of a library:
https://librarianresources.taylorandfrancis.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-data-steward/

The Data Steward is an interesting new position created as “the first point
of contact for advice and support on all data/code related matters” and
it’s one which hasn’t had much coverage thus far. So we caught up with Kees
den Heijer, Data Steward for Delft University of Technology, to find out
some background to the role, hear about the type of questions he’s asked,
and get his advice for other organizations looking to appoint their own
data stewards.

Many thanks,

Rachel Bergan

Librarian Resources