From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2019 18:49:32 -0400
From: "Sibley, Jean J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 17:56:51 +0000

Hi Rob, Thanks to the Big Ten for all of the work being done with
accessibility in e-resources. This is very impressive! It’s very helpful
that these reports are posted and with the vendor’s responses. – Best, Jean

From: "Van Rennes, Robert J" <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 01:28:08 +0000

Jen,

Thanks for the kind shout out to the Big Ten Academic Alliance and the
standardized licensing language our member librarians have developed.  I’d
also like highlight the accessibility testing reports
<http://www.btaa.org/library/accessibility/library-e-resource-accessibility--testing>
we have conducted on over thirty e-resource platforms. These evaluations
based on WCAG 2.0 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/> are
funded by the Big Ten institutions and are conducted by third party vendors
in an effort to minimize bias. The reports, and any responses from the
vendor, are posted publicly on our website.

Please feel free to contact me for more information.

All the best,

Rob

[image: cid:image001.png@01D1D05F.67178440]

*Robert Van Rennes*

Assistant Director

Library Initiatives

217-300-4744

www.BTAA.org
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.BTAA.org&d=CwMGaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=uFJUafApkGwIK5Af2dr-7Q&m=n5iav0VJYEftA7k38JffZOfGT2dIfNACSwsRmVKpW1s&s=Hu_wPpEkNPZWaZxSI8_NxihmFocQxlMhhRCo6acuFKA&e=>

*The nation's premier higher education consortium of top-tier research
institutions.*

From: "Montavon-Green, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:22:42 +0000

Jean,

We’ve been pushing for accessibility standards and request VPATs in recent
license negotiations.

We’re not a Big Ten school, but the Big Ten Academic Alliance has
standardized accessibility licensing language that is really good. We
request vendors include it in the license. Vendors may request minor
adjustments to the language but it’s a good place to start, and we will
negotiate those changes if their terms are still acceptable.

https://www.btaa.org/library/accessibility/library-e-resource-accessibility---standardized-license-language

Jen Montavon-Green

Electronic Resources Manager

2-21A Young Library

University of Kentucky

Lexington, KY 40506-0456

(859) 218-1234

[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Pronouns │ she/her/hers

From: "Sibley, Jean J" <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 14:08:23 +0000

Hi all, I am on a committee that is looking into the accessibility of our
e-resources. I am interested in hearing if any of you are actively
incorporating accessibility standards in your e-resource licensing and
procurement – such as accessibility statements in the license or requesting
a VPAT from the vendor.

Much appreciate any insight you can provide!

Best, Jean

Jean Sibley

*pronouns: she/her/hers*

Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian

W&M Libraries | William & Mary

757-221-3103