From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:47:07 -0500
From: "Renison, Neil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:05:32 +0000

Hello Deborah,

There is a third option which requires a technical solution.  You put
the URL on a password protected web page or use a function of EZproxy
(if you use that service) to ensure that the confidential Campus
Research URL is only visible to staff and enrolled students who would
have a login.  That secure webpage's URL (or EZproxy address) can be
placed into any of your public pages or catalogue etc.

We don't have Campus Research, but have the same obligation with other
services and because we use EZproxy the solution is trivial to
implement.  Actually, Campus Research practice is not a secure means
of authentication anyway, but if that's all it takes to agree to sign,
that is their problem not yours.

Neil

Neil Renison| Librarian, Acquisitions Services
Information Resources
Library & Information Services
Eddie Koiki Mabo Library
James Cook University, Angus Smith Drive, Douglas, QLD 4811
E: [log in to unmask]
W: http://www.jcu.edu.au/libcomp/