From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2019 19:19:40 -0400
From: Corey Halaychik <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 15:28:10 -0500

Roll for Initiative <http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program> is the
2020 theme for The Collective, the most affordable, interactive, and
down-to-earth gathering for academic librarians! (We dare you to fact check
us <http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/reports> on that.)

If you’ve ever played Dungeons & Dragons (D&D), you already know the iconic
phrase “roll for initiative”--and if you haven’t, there’s plenty of room
for your ideas, too! “Rolling for initiative” establishes who will go first
in the fight in the game of D&D but it can also be thought of more broadly
as a means of taking action, stepping up, and bravely volunteering to solve
a problem or move forward with the story that you and your quest-mates will
tell. In this larger sense, we invite you to “roll for initiative” with
your session proposal ideas for the Collective 2020.

Our unique programming process
<https://www.thelibrarycollective.org/review-process> is now open for idea
submissions. Read more about the theme, its many possibilities, and how to
submit <http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program/>! Our Round One is open
for ideas, voting, and comments now until August 2!

--
Thanks,
Corey

Corey Halaychik
Co-Director
The Collective
<[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
www.thelibrarycollective.org