From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2018 19:23:34 -0400
From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 15:14:21 -0400

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

*On January 23-24, 2019, in Dublin, Ireland, PIDapalooza
<https://pidapalooza.org/>, the open festival of persistent identifiers
will be back and -- with your help -- better than ever!The call for papers
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IsV_eidtgQvpMwuk2iCbHpommYJqjDnF4vAa75uQk4A/edit>
is open now through September 21 and we welcome your suggestions for
sessions. The PIDapalooza Festival Committee will decide on the lineup by
mid-October, and we’ll provide more information about speakers and topics
after that.Hosted, once again, by California Digital Library, Crossref,
DataCite, and ORCID, PIDapalooza will follow the same format as past events
-- rapid-fire, interactive, 30-60 minute sessions (presentations,
discussions, debates, brainstorms, etc.) presented on three stages -- plus
main stage attractions, which will be announced shortly. New for this year
is an unconference track, as suggested by several attendees last
time..We’ll be posting more information on the PIDapalooza
<https://pidapalooza.org/> website over the coming months, as well as
keeping you updated on Twitter (@pidaplooza). Registration is now open so
please book your place now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pidapalooza-2019-registration-49295286529>!
We also strongly recommend that you book your accommodation early as there
are other big conferences in Dublin that week.We hope to see you there!*
Alice Meadows
Director of Communications, ORCID
+1 857-559-3337
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2161-3781