From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:40:24 -0400
From: Dominic Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 10:51:43 +0200

Dear Leo,

We need to correct something urgently.

You wrote:  'Recently, DOAJ started to apply the term no-fee to some
journals of category 2a as well.' where your category 2a is "Discounted
journals. These journals are included in deals (membership, offsetting,
RaP, PaR) where libraries pay in part or wholly the publication fees so
that authors have to pay less or nothing at all."

DOAJ does not use the label 'no fee' and discounted journals is not a
classification that we make.

What I *think* you might mean is that you have found journals which are
discounted, by your own definition, to be in our 'No APCs' filter in our
Search. http://bit.ly/1HQQZ2w. Am I right? We've only ever had a simple
yes/no answer to the question: 'Does this journal have article processing
charges' (https://doaj.org/application/new#processing_charges-container).

Best, Dom
DOAJ Operations Manager
ORCID 0000-0003-2432-7035