From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:31:16 -0400
From: Emily Packer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:29:27 +0000

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi everyone,

eLife is pleased to announce that we, in collaboration with Vincent Tunru
from Flockademic and the Center for Open Science (COS), are supporting the
development of Plaudit – a mechanism for academics to share their research
recommendations openly with readers.

Stemming from a concept refined at the eLife Innovation Sprint 2018,
Plaudit aims to provide an easy way to recognise the value of scholarly
content, regardless of where it is published.

Giuliano Maciocci, our Head of Product, says: “Plaudit is an opportunity to
add a lightweight, authoritative and transparent layer of feedback to any
research object, and has the potential to serve as a complement to other
styles of both formal and informal review."

You can find out more about the project in our full announcement:
https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/0cf0e963/elife-backs-plaudit-for-open-sharing-of-research-recommendations
.

For further details, please don't hesitate to contact me.

With best wishes,

Emily

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer