From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:36:14 -0400
From: "Peretsman-Clement, Gail" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:20:58 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

In the AuthorCarpentry training initiative (https://authorcarpentry.
github.io/), establishing scholarly identity with ORCiD is a core learning
objective.  Our curriculum relies on ORCiD numbers, publication lists, and
profiles as critical infrastructure to integrate with the various elements
of the scholarly web. We are teaching AuthorCarpentry at Caltech, at the
CODATA-RDA Summer School in Research Data Science, at the Force11 Scholarly
Communication Institute, and as a tutorial at professional conferences such
as the Artificial Intelligence Conference Feb 2017.

AuthorCarpentry is a not-for-profit initiative supported by researchers and
librarians. We believe authorship training is best sustained in the commons
to ensure persistence and sustainability, earn authors' trust, and reduce
conflicts of interest around author choices. In this 'attention economy'
where authors can be  predators' bait, authors appreciated neutral,
publisher-independent professional support that has no skin in the game.

We welcome contributions to, and wide reuse of, our training materials!
Please feel free to add to our list at https://github.com/
AuthorCarpentry/planning/issues or email us at [log in to unmask]
library.edu

Best wishes,

Gail

Gail P. Clement  | Head of Research Services  | Caltech Library  | Mail
Code 1-43  | Pasadena CA 91125-4300  | 626-395-1203
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5494-4806 | library.caltech.edu