From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 17:57:28 -0500
From: Michelle Polchow <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 22:46:57 +0000

Hi Chris,

I suggest contacting the newly formed crowdsourcing organization, Academic
Libraries Video Trust.

https://videotrust.org/

Contact -- [log in to unmask]

Best,

Michelle

*Michelle Polchow Electronic Resources Librarian*

*University of California, Davis*

*100 North West Quad Davis, CA 95616-5292*

*530-752-1208*

From: Christopher Marcum <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:17:26 -0800

Hi everyone,

My library has dozens of VHS tapes that are licensed duplications of
content previously acquired in other formats or copied directly off air in
the 80s and early 90s. For many of these we have duplication licenses that
do not clearly address our right to duplicate these tapes in a new format
once their current format becomes obsolete. For others, we are unable to
locate the duplication license.

Does anyone have any advice on how we might proceed with transferring this
content to DVD when we can not find the license to duplicate or the license
to duplicate is otherwise unclear on our right to update the format?

Thanks for you time and consideration. Sincerely, Chris

*Christopher D. Marcum*

*Access and Outreach Services Librarian*

*Liaison to Department of History*

Helen K. and James S. Copley Library

University of San Diego

Phone: (619) 260-2362