From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:30:58 -0500
From: Klaus Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 03:20:51 +0100

1) No one has the right to expropriate scholars concerning their own work.

2) These copyright transfer agreements are therefore in moral terms illegal.

3) For German law it isn't tested by courts if such agreements are
vaild Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen. I doubt this.

4) No scholar should work for (as author, reviewer, editor) for
Elsevier and other companies using such take down notices. I have
signed the Elsevier boycott.

http://thecostofknowledge.com/

5) Academia.edu is more attractive for humanities scholars than the
boring Harnadian style IRs which give the users stones instead of
bread, i.e. shameless dark deposits (with ridiculous eprint button) or
final draft versions humantity scholars are not willing to quote.

6) Breaking copyright transfers and self-archiving ALL is the best
tribute (#pdftribute) in memory of the late Aaron Swartz.

7) Driving people who are dreaming of free and open science to suicide
has nothing to do with ethical behaviour.

Klaus Graf