From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:46:06 -0400
From: Curtis Lavery <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 00:39:15 +0000

Michele,

At the California Digital Library, our standard practice is to require the
option - at our choosing -  of an electronic copy of perpetual content
delivered in a mutually agreed upon format, or access through a trusted
third-party archive such as Portico.  We agree to pay a nominal fee for
processing and delivery of content if the delivery option is chosen.  We,
of course, may choose to access that content at the vendor's site if the
access fee is reasonable, or negotiate free access if we are licensing
additional vendor content.

Perhaps you can negotiate a more workable notice period.  We have found
that it takes several months to coordinate delivery and processing for
hosting the data.

If you have any questions, we can talk offline if you send an email to

Cheers,
Curtis Lavery
Licensing Manager
California Digital Library