From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:47:12 -0500
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:34:58 -0500

NASIG is offering something new for #nasig18, called *“NASIG on Demand:
Features of the 2018 Conference”*! Designed to make our excellent
conference content accessible to more people, we have chosen to include
video recordings of concurrent sessions that cover a variety of important
topics touching on the conference theme of “Transforming the Information
Community”. One concurrent session from each of our six concurrent session
groups is included (for six total session recordings), as described below:

   - “The New Dimension in Scholarly communications: How a Global Scholarly
   Community Collaboration Created the World’s Largest Linked Research
   Knowledge System”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/DpzF/the-new-dimensions-in-scholcomm-how-a-global-scholarly-community-collaboration-created-the-worlds-largest-linked-research-knowledge-system>
   (Dr. Robert Scott (University of Georgia), Ralph O’Flinn, (University of
   Alabama, Birmingham), and Heidi Becker, (Digital Science)
   - “Cultivating TALint: Using the Core Competencies as a Framework for
   Training Future Information Professionals”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Dq2N/cultivating-talint-using-the-core-competencies-as-a-framework-for-training-future-information-professionals>(Marlene
   van Ballegooie and Jennifer Browning (University of Toronto))
   - “Wrangle and Corral that License Agreement”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/DqEk/wrangle-and-corral-that-license-agreement>(Carolyn
   Carpan (University of Alberta) and Alexis Linoski (Georgia Institute of
   Technology))
   - “The Heart of the Cycle: How Can Metadata 2020 Improve Serials
   Metadata for Scholarly Communications and Research?”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds23/the-heart-of-the-cycle-how-can-metadata-2020-improve-serials-metadata-for-scholarly-communications-and-research>
   (Juliane Schneider (Harvard University))
   - “Serials Clerk to Dean: 20 Years with a Head in the Clouds”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds37/serials-clerk-to-dean-20-years-with-a-head-in-the-clouds>(Jeff
   Steely (Georgia State University))
   - “The Scholarly Commons”
   <https://nasig2018.sched.com/event/Ds3I/the-scholarly-commons> (Maryann
   Martone (University of California San Diego))

In addition, NASIG will continue its tradition of offering video recordings
of our vision sessions
<https://nasig.wordpress.com/category/conferences/vision-sessions/> for
free to everyone. The full program is available online at:
https://nasig2018.sched.com/

NASIG on Demand is reasonably priced: $149 for individuals ($49 for
students) and $249 for groups. *Those who register for the full conference
in Atlanta will receive NASIG on Demand at no additional cost.* Access to
NASIG on Demand will be available for a full year from the date of the
conference. After that, these selected concurrent session recordings will
be made available for free to everyone.

NASIG on Demand is also easy to obtain: just be sure to purchase it when
you register
<http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=700&pk_association_webpage=11664>
and select the appropriate option. (For those who pay for the full
conference, again, remember that you don’t need to do anything extra as
this is available to you at no extra charge.)

We’ve heard repeatedly from the broader library community that
accessibility/affordability of conferences is a big concern. As a
non-profit, volunteer, member-driven organization, we take these concerns
very seriously. That’s why we are so pleased to offer this new service for
the first time. We hope you take advantage of it!

NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the
management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and
improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of
information resources in all formats and business models. Visit
http://www.nasig.org/ for more information.

*******