From:
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2018 22:33:51 -0400
From: Richard Poynder <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 20:35:47 +0100

The last part of an experiment in a matched interview process is now
available.

The experiment consists of Q&As with two OA advocates, one from the global
North and one from the global South, along with their responses to each
other’s Q&A.

The first Q&A was undertaken with Jeffrey MacKie-Mason, UC Berkeley’s
University Librarian and Chief Digital Scholarship Officer, and was
published on April 8th.

https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-
open-access-view-from.html

The second Q&A was conducted with Mahmoud Khalifa, a librarian at the
Library of Congress Cairo Office and DOAJ Ambassador for the Middle East
and Persian Gulf, and was published on April 24th.

https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-
open-access-view-from_24.html

Khalifa’s response to MacKie-Mason’s Q&A was published on 19th April.

https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-
open-access-mahmoud.html

The final part (published on May 4th) consists of four sections. First (A),
MacKie-Mason responds to Khalifa’s Q&A; second (B), MacKie-Mason comments
on Khalifa’s response to his Q&A; third (C), Mackie-Mason comments on the
“polemical” nature of the preambles I attached to the interviews; fourth
(D), I respond to MacKie-Mason’s comments about my style.

This last item can be accessed here: https://poynder.blogspot.co.
uk/2018/05/north-south-and-open-access-jeff-mackie.html

Richard Poynder