From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:29:56 -0400
From: "Sterk, J.M.E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:37:13 +0000

Dear colleagues,

No, for several years now we have been trying to get better
conditions, but to no avail. It's not only the post-cancellation fee,
but also the policy  of "four rolling years" concerning not only the
Nature titles but the Palgrave titles as well.

We pointed out to them that their policy is exceptional compared to
other publishers.
Here below a few examples of the annual fees:

Nature                  € 390
Nature res. Journals    € 240
Nature Reviews          € 240
NPG acad. & soc. Titles €  62
Scientific American     € 240

We really consider these exorbitant costs!

Kind regards from Amsterdam,

José Sterk

J.M.E. Sterk
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Library