From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:34:57 -0400
From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:28:26 -0400

Hi everyone, I had originally (and perhaps erroneously) interpreted Arun's
message as referring to his paper not having reached many people. In terms
of ORCID reach, here are a few statistics that may be of interest.  As of
today we have:

- 3,554,378 live ORCID registrants (excludes locked and deactivated records)

- 686 organizational members, including 16 consortia (12 national, four
regional - US)

- 389 member integrations launched/approved to launch and another 100 or so
in the pipeline. There are also an estimated 100+ non member integrations
using our public API

-  27 publishers have signed an open letter requiring ORCID iDs for - at a
minimum - corresponding authors of accepted papers; 19 have gone live with
that requirement for 1,600+ journals

- 13 funders (that we know of) require ORCID iDs for grant applications or
for their authors

- by end 2016, 1,100,941 ORCID records were connected to at least one
activity:
• 596,241 with one or more connected works
• 740,866 with one or more connected education affiliations
• 655,933 with one or more connected employment affiliations

There's a whole lot more information available in our 2016 annual report
<https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.4810213.v2> for anyone who's
interested, and please do let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!

Alice Meadows
Director of Community Engagement & Support, ORCID
+1 857-559-3337 <(857)%20559-3337>
orcid.org/0000-0003-2161-3781