From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:03:09 -0400
From: Anita Walz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:07:21 -0400

Dear Philipp Hess,

This is tremendous news for engineering!

If I may. Being able to adapt remix works for increasingly
interdisciplinary courses is of great interest to many fields within higher
education, especially engineering.

Toward that end I have several questions:

* Will you kindly clarify what you mean by open access? Do you mean free
online or do you mean free online + an open license which allows adaptation
and redistribution?

* If there is an open license will sourcefiles be made available as to
technically enable remix?

Thank you.
Anita

Anita R. Walz
Assistant Professor
Open Education, Copyright & Scholarly Communications Librarian
Library Liaison to Economics, Mathematics, and Legal Studies
[log in to unmask] | Tel: 540-231-2204 | Fax: 540-231-7808 | Newman Library 422 |
Twitter: @arwalz
Open Educational Resources Guide http://guides.lib.vt.edu/oer

Virginia Tech
University Libraries (0434)