From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:31:50 -0400
From: Melanie Schaffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:09:37 +0000

Project MUSE’s newly redesigned website is now live at https://muse.jhu.edu.
With a scholar-informed design and enhanced technological infrastructure,
the new site offers a more robust user experience for all of the
scholarship on MUSE, with an elegantly intuitive interface and a suite of
tools focused on the researcher.

Extensive user testing during the development of the new site revealed
desires for simplicity, consistency, and more personalized interactions
with Project MUSE’s book and journal content. Among the exciting features
available in the new design are content footnotes and references presented
“in-line” with the associated text in a journal article or books chapter, a
streamlined search experience with additional facets for book series and
thematic journal issues, a highly responsive design to meet a variety of
device options, and the launch of personalized “My MUSE” accounts that
allow users customize their research experience on MUSE.

*Personalized MUSE Accounts*

Users who create a My MUSE account may save and view prior searches, build
a personal library of their favorite MUSE materials (books, chapters,
journals, issues, or articles), generate citations for all or selected
items in their library, search within their personal library, and view
their activity history on MUSE. With an account, a user may also set up
alerts for their favorite journals, publishers, and subjects on MUSE, and
choose to receive the alerts via email or RSS, or see them in an attractive
dashboard format on the site. Accessibility was a prime consideration in
the new platform design, and users may set preferences in their account to
customize the interface for optimal accessibility.

*How This Affects You*

The new Project MUSE website is a redesign and re-engineering of MUSE’s
proprietary platform. The URL structure for all book and journal content in
MUSE will remain the same and there will be no need for redirects or
updates to DOI links, no impact on institutional usage statistics, nor any
need to update proxy configurations. Shortly, MUSE will also be launching
new portals for publishers and libraries featuring powerful tools help them
more efficiently manage their relationships with us. More details on these
portals will be shared with our customers and partners as they are released.

As we continue to roll out additional content and features, we expect
users, customers, and business partners exploring the new Project MUSE site
may have questions or comments they wish to share. In the footer of every
page there is a link for Feedback, and we encourage use of this to contact
us with any inquiries or concerns. In particular, please use the Feedback
form (https://about.muse.jhu.edu/support/feedback/) to report any errors or
issues with the new site, as this will ensure they are promptly placed in
our queue to address.

Melanie Schaffner

Director, Sales & Marketing

Project MUSE

p 410-516-3846

New privacy regulations prevent us from sharing news and updates from
Project MUSE with you unless you have opted-in to our communications.
Please be sure you are on the list to get our latest news!

http://bit.ly/MUSESignUp