From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:10:21 -0400
From: Sally Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:42:50 +0100

The same applies to Oxford and Cambridge - at least for their academic
publications (not sure whether it applies to everything on their
lists)

Sally

Sally Morris
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex, UK  BN13 3UU
Email:  [log in to unmask]

From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:37:08 -0500

No commercial publisher has a faculty editorial board that is given
the responsibility of reviewing readers' reports and approving
publication of every book proposed by the publishing staff. That is
what I meant by "quality control," Rick, and it is indeed unique to
university presses and is a requirement of their membership in the
AAUP.

Sandy Thatcher