From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:46:30 -0400
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 00:31:21 -0700

Well, I didn't expect my straightforward analogy with "race" would cause
such an ire. But let me tackle it seriously.

> As for race, it simply does not exist (except, perhaps, in the USA, among
a number of other delusions that seem presently to thrive in that country).

The races existed for centuries and suddenly disappeared? Like in a fairy
tale?

> When I encounter a race question in a US form, I generally answer:
"unknown" or "incomprehensible question".

Usually, this question is directly related to the different promotions or
bonuses to the "disadvantages". So responding ambiguously, you pretend to
be qualified for them.

> If you pay attention to skin colour, where do you draw the line?

The CULTURE. Just look at the African and European states and compare.

> If we want to do precise classifications, albeit in an equally absurd
manner, let us use blood types, for example.

Yes, you are on the right track. There is a gene with 4 alleles directly
responsible for the blood type. But to differentiate between races securely
you need to look at a larger number of genes. I recommend reading Nicholas
Wade's 2014 book "A Troublesome Inheritance".

Ari Belenkiy