From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:11:00 -0500
From: "Bailey, Jody Elizabeth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 00:23:53 +0000

Please forgive cross-posting. Below is information about a newly created
position in my library for a *Director of Collections and Open Strategies*.
Located in the fabulous city of Atlanta, Georgia, Emory is a wonderful
place to work. I’m happy to answer questions about working at Emory
Libraries or living in Atlanta, and I can forward questions about the
position to the person who will be supervising it (which is not me).

*Position Summary*

Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Research, Engagement,
and Scholarly Communications, and collaborating with colleagues across the
organization, the Director of Collections and Open Strategies provides
leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the Emory Libraries crucial
role in the life cycle of research and scholarship, transforming the
processes of creating, disseminating, collecting, storing, managing, and
preserving scholarship.

The Director will directly supervise the Head of Collection Management,
Head of Scholarly Communications, and the Research Data Program Manager, as
well as work collaboratively with other divisions and libraries across the
organization, to foster shared initiatives enhancing information access,
research support, and scholarly output. The director assists the AUL in
leading the Research, Engagement, and Scholarly Communications (RESC)
Division and assumes responsibility for the division in the AUL’s absence
or unavailability.

Emory Libraries requires that our employees recognize diversity, equity,
and inclusion as essential core values to achieving our mission to enrich
the quality of life in an inclusive work environment through competency
training, reassurance of personal growth, restorative communication
practices, and embracing the diverse identities of patrons within the Emory
community.

Interested candidates should review the application requirements and full
job description and apply online at http://apply.interfolio.com/140093

Best regards,

Jody

Jody Bailey, MA, MLIS (she, her, hers)

Head, Scholarly Communications Office <http://sco.library.emory.edu/>

Emory University

Robert W. Woodruff Library

540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4226-4173

I sometimes work flexibly and send emails outside normal office hours.

No need to respond to my emails outside yours.