From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 20:48:06 -0400
From: "Jan Erik Frantsvåg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 08:16:20 +0000

Belatedly, my two cents for this discussion:

a. Librarians now choose between packages, not journals. And packages
may be stuffed with low-quality journals, in order to show an increase
in titles and articles to justify price increases.

b. Predatory: There cannot be any doubt that the financial burden upon
science does not currently lie in APCs to dubious journals, but in the
profit margins of major publishers like Elsevier (nearly 1 billion GBP
2016).

Best,
Jan Erik Frantsvåg
Open Access Adviser