From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 03:14:10 -0400
From: Bernie Folan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:55:27 +0200

OASPA is pleased to announce that DOAJ has made more language versions of
the *Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly
Publishing* available,
bringing the total number to eighteen.

The Principles are available on our website
<https://oaspa.org/information-resources/principles-of-transparency-and-best-practice-in-scholarly-publishing/>
and all translated versions are available on the DOAJ site at the following
links: Arabic <https://doaj.org/ar/bestpractice>, Catalan
<https://doaj.org/ca/bestpractice>, Chinese
<https://doaj.org/zh/bestpractice>, Dutch <https://doaj.org/nl/bestpractice>
, English <https://doaj.org/bestpractice>, Farsi
<https://doaj.org/fa/bestpractice>, Finnish
<https://doaj.org/fi/bestpractice>, French
<https://doaj.org/fr/editionsavante>, Hindi
<https://doaj.org/hi/bestpractice>, Indonesian
<https://doaj.org/id/bestpractice>, Korean
<https://doaj.org/kr/bestpractice>, Polish
<https://doaj.org/pl/bestpractice>, Portuguese
<https://doaj.org/pt/boaspraticas>, Russian
<https://doaj.org/ru/bestpractice>, Spanish
<https://doaj.org/es/mejorespracticas>, Swedish
<https://doaj.org/sv/bestpractice>, Turkish
<https://doaj.org/tr/bestpractice>, Ukrainian
<https://doaj.org/uk/bestpractice>.

*About the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly
Publishing*

The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access
Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA),
and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) are scholarly
organisations that have seen an increase in the number, and broad range in
the quality, of membership applications. Our organisations have
collaborated to identify principles of transparency and best practice for
scholarly publications and to clarify that these principles form the basis
of the criteria by which suitability for membership is assessed by COPE,
DOAJ and OASPA, and part of the criteria on which membership applications
are evaluated by WAME. Each organisation also has its own, additional
criteria which are used when evaluating applications.

The current version is the third (published January 2018); the first version
<https://oaspa.org/principles-of-transparency-and-best-practice-in-scholarly-publishing/>
was made available by OASPA in December 2013 and a second version
<https://oaspa.org/principles-of-transparency-and-best-practice-in-scholarly-publishing-2/>
in June 2015. We encourage its wide dissemination and continue to welcome
feedback on the general principles and the specific criteria. The
Principles and background on the organisations is at the end of this post
<https://oaspa.org/principles-of-transparency-and-best-practice-in-scholarly-publishing-3-copy/>
.

Best wishes,
Bernie
*Bernie Folan*
Events and Communications Coordinator, OASPA