From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:05:14 -0400
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 23:49:01 +0000

>There seems to be confusion here - are we talking about cancellation
>where libraries can supply (enough of) their patrons' needs via OA
>versions of articles,

That's what I was talking about in my portion of the exchange with Harnad,
yes.

>or cancellation as 'punishment' for 'bad'
>publishers?

That seems to be what Jean-Claude is suggesting, though I'll let him speak
for himself.

For myself, I don't presume to tell libraries what their stance ought to
be regarding non-Green journals.

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library, University of Utah