From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:10:53 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:58:02 +0100

From what I know of David's career in publishing, I do not imagine he
has ever had to make a decision to give up a source of income which
for some publishers ( probably not T&F ) is important for some
journals, and it is a long time since I might have been involved.

I wonder what he would do? Perhaps he could tell us - hypothetically
of course. What to me is interesting is the lack of discussion about
the complete removal of a source of income to the the scholarly
communication process from big pharma (users rather than contributors
of papers) under an OA scenario. Freeloading or free riding used to be
much discussed.

Anthony

Sent from my iPad