From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:05:48 -0400
From: "Campbell, Colleen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:31:34 +0000

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the global Open Access 2020 Initiative, I am very happy to
pass along this exciting news from our partners Projekt DEAL in Germany who
are working to *refactor subscription expenditures* to support *open access*
dissemination of research instead of paywalls:

https://www.hrk.de/press/press-releases/press-release/meldung/projekt-deal-and-springer-nature-reach-understanding-on-worlds-largest-transformative-open-access-a/

In their words, the Memorandum of Understanding, like the Transformative
Agreement to come, signals: *a notable advance on Projekt DEAL’s objectives
of granting German authors ever more opportunity to publish their research
fully and immediately open access for scholars of the world to read and
build upon while containing the overall cost of scholarly communication.
*

Best wishes,

Colleen

Colleen Campbell