From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 19:02:13 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 12:06:35 -0400

Harnad writes that "a minority [of publishers] want a one-year
embargo."  I doubt that that is true.  Most publishers are trying to
accommodate the needs and interests of funding agencies, society
members, librarians, and the general public.  I doubt very much that
many publishers are happy with only a one-year embargo. Policies of
this kind represent difficult compromises.

Joe Esposito