From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:06:31 -0400
From: Fred Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:45:09 -0400

As I thin my own shelves (my wife and I had ca 4500 books, with all of our
dozen+ bookcases double shelved, now down to ca. 3500), I have given a
number to a recent PhD friend who is building his library; I would
recommend that to potential faculty donors.  When I am gone, my
instructions to the kids are to keep what they want, give to scholars or
grad students, sell to antiquarian dealers, but not under any circumstances
to give to an institution.

Fred W. Jenkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Collections and Operations, University Libraries
Interim Director, Marian Library
Professor, University Libraries and Department of Religious Studies
University of Dayton