From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2019 19:13:48 -0400
From: Toby Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 18:12:04 +0200

Dear Liblicensers,

For those who haven’t yet heard, I drew two decades running OECD Publishing
to a close over the summer. Having led the team that created the OECD
iLibrary, the OECD Data Portal and the OECD Better Life Index, I felt it
was time to move on so I could embark on a new adventure. Having brought
coherence to IGO (Inter-Governmental Organisation) content on the iLibrary
platform, I’m now planning to bring coherence to the voluminous amount of
policy content that's currently 'in the wild’ and to do this I’m creating
Coherent Digital and I wonder if you can help.

I’ve identified millions of documents, videos, speeches, data-sets and
other forms of content from more than 7,000 NGOs, research centers, think
tanks and IGOs.  This corpus is the sum of humanity's policy knowledge
that's online.  I’d like to make this content as easy to find and use as
OECD’s. Over 80% of higher-ed policy classes cite policy content that’s in
the wild - yet, most of it is uncatalogued, prone to link-rot, and hard to
find.  25% of policy syllabus links are broken!  Much has yet to be
digitized.  No wonder we're having trouble making the case about climate
change!

I’m aiming to unify and make ‘wild’ policy content useful and persistent.
It'll be the largest most functional source for policy content ever
created.   And here’s where I need your help.  I'm looking for Beta-site
testers and advisors.  If you're a librarian with an interest in policy or
government documentations, or have faculty who are passionate about making
policy wholly more effective, please drop me an e-mail.  Over the coming
months I and my colleagues will be touring both the US and Europe and would
love to talk with you! (If you’re further afield, let me know - we can
always talk via Skype)

I look forward to hearing from you,

Toby Green
Managing Director