From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2019 18:10:40 -0400
From: Kent Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 21:08:55 -0400

To weigh in here, I have asked other OA publishers, and there is no
evidence that any but Frontiers worked closely with Smits on Plan S. This
was probably a matter of familiarity (the Markrams, who own Frontiers, and
Smits have known each other for years), and proximity (Switzerland is easy
for Smits to visit).

Smits was focused on leveraging funders to influence publishing policies.
He appears to have expended minimal effort in speaking with publishers. It
appears he talked with old friends mostly, and then made a couple of token
tours of big publishers.

Kent

Kent Anderson
Founder, Caldera Publishing Solutions