From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2018 18:17:16 -0400
From: Leyla Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 14:06:38 +0100

Dear all,

Applications to OASPA have been rapidly increasing, in particular from
single journals. Given the overlap in the screening criteria between DOAJ
and OASPA, and that DOAJ is primarily an index of reputable open-access
journals, we have agreed with the DOAJ that, with immediate effect, all
single journals that apply to OASPA will now be referred to the DOAJ if the
journal is not already listed in DOAJ. We feel that this is also in the
best interests of single journal applicants because indexing by the DOAJ is
the most effective way for those journals to increase their visibility,
which is frequently their stated reason for applying to join OASPA.

Our full announcement is here: https://oaspa.org/oaspa-
assessment-of-single-journal-applications-and-doaj/

Best wishes,
Leyla
—————
Leyla Williams
Events and Communications Coordinator
Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, OASPA
oaspa.org | Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA> | Sign up