From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:58:55 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:07:19 -0500

Are you just misinformed, Ari? There are a number of universities that
run their own distribution operations and also have presses that
operate them, such as Chicago, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, North Carolina,
etc. Even as small a press as Penn State runs its own warehouse and
fulfills orders from bookstores, libraries, and individuals.  Why do
you think universities are incapable of operating such businesses?

Sandy Thatcher