From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:43:12 -0400
From: "M. Soledad Bravo-Marchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:04:04 -0300

Estimados:

Maybe I will be self-referential, but I really would appreciate the
collection of more information in order to address such judgments
about open access experiences in Latin America

SciELO  began in 1997 and now it is in thirteen countries in Latin
America (with different levels of development).

In many countries SciELO is part of public policies to support
scientific and technological research, their administration is
centralized in ONCYT's and its public value is out of question

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of  this regional experience is a
different valoration about the public value of scientific
communication and how governments, in despite of different ideological
affiliations, design incentives to keep this experience alive.

I expect that my comments (in English) will be published. My original
comments (in Spanish) remains unpublished until today (maybe lost in
the moderator's email)

Saludos a todos
Soledad Bravo