From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:38:47 -0500
From: Fred Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 21:01:34 -0500

I cannot say that Ari's has been my experience with humanities journals
(and I am nobody important and don't have a lot of connections).  I have
had a number of articles accepted and a couple rejected, always courteously
and with readers' reports of 1-2 pages that gave reasons, whether I agreed
with them or not.  And given the number of peer-reviewed papers retracted
in the "exact sciences," I would not hold them up as a beacon of good
practice.

Fred W. Jenkins, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Collections and Operations
University of Dayton Libraries
Dayton, OH 45469-1360
(937) 229-4272