From:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:58:30 -0400
From: Diane French <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:57:26 +0000

*Apologies for cross-posting*

*ALPSP Annual Conference & Awards 2019 *11-13 September
Beaumont Estate, Old Windsor, UK
*#alpsp19*

*Book now – registration closes on 23 August *
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/home*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/home>

*Internationalisation and Diversity *Join us at this year's ALPSP Annual
Conference and Awards for a variety of sessions tackling the topic of
*Internationalisation
and Diversity.*  Amongst other things, we will be discussing

   - *How we can ensure that publishing more accurately reflects the
   diversity of the world we live in.*
   - *How we can address diversity in gender, geographic location, culture,
   career stage, or discipline and measure and report on our success.*

Through a variety of linked talks we will examine ways to encourage all
forms of diversity across our industry, as well as ways to hold ourselves
accountable for progress towards these goals.  See the list of sessions
<https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/preview-content-html?id=432017>
below
or view the full programme <https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda>,
including confirmed speaker details, on our here:
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda>

*Internationalisation and Diversity strand sessions*

*Wednesday 11 September *(15:15-16:15)
*Plenary 1 - Breaking Through the Glass Ceiling*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda/session/88582>
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568160000000*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568160000000>
Panel discussion with female industry leaders.

*Thursday 12 September *(10:45-11:30)
*Parallel 2a - Working with Early Career Researchers: Challenges and
opportunities *
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda/session/88934*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda/session/88934>
Looking at how we can best help early career researchers, whether in the
sciences or humanities, navigate the challenging first years of their
profession.

*Thursday 12 September *(11:35-12:20)
*Parallel 2b - Cultivating Diversity in Culture within Publishing Houses*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda/session/89167>
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568246400000*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568246400000>
How can we move from *thinking* about diversity and inclusivity to
*developing* a truly diverse culture?  This session will discuss the
geo-spatial bias that affects the reception of publications from the Global
South. It will detail misconceptions about working with people of different
abilities and different life circumstances such as pregnancy and parenting

*Thursday 12 September *(14:00-14:45)
*Parallel 2c - Creating Internationalisation and Diversity through
Processes and Networks*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda/session/89426>
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568246400000*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda?dates=1568246400000>
Learn how publishers are utilising their external networks and communities
to develop their organization’s international profile, whether via the
diversity of their editorial boards or partnerships with institutions or
societies

*Final speakers and sessions will be announced soon ... *Please visit
our online agenda page to see more details on the full programme.
*https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda*
<https://events.bizzabo.com/alpsp19/agenda>

*With thanks to our 2019 conference sponsors for their generous support*
Platinum sponsor: Publishers’ Licensing Services
ALPSP Awards: MPS
Welcome Reception: Copyright Clearance Center
Conference Dinner: ATYPON
Wi-fi: Aries Systems
Sliver Sponsors: BMJ, MDPI, Silverchair, Web Science Group
Bronze sponsors: Cenveo Publisher Services, AAMC, Convey, HighWire, SAGE
Publishing, Turpin Distribution

Diane French
Learned Publisher Administrator
The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
E: *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]> T: +44 (0)7561 583831
W: *www.alpsp.org* <http://www.alpsp.org/> Follow us on Twitter: *@alpsp*