From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 05:46:35 -0400
From: Kristen Garlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:57:02 +0000

Dear colleagues:

In 2013, JSTOR launched a new thesaurus tailored to the content in the
digital library. Since that time, the thesaurus terms have been integrated
in several ways to aid in discovery on the platform. We invite you to join
Sharon Garewal, Senior Metadata Librarian, for a 30-minute free webinar on
JSTOR’s subject thesaurus and how we’re using it to improve the platform
experience for researchers. Sharon will cover the development and
maintenance of the thesaurus, and will explain how we are continuing to
refine and expand the taxonomy.

We hope you can attend!

Kristen Garlock

Associate Director, Education and Outreach

ITHAKA

Webinar details:

*JSTOR’s thesaurus: improving discovery on the platform*

Sharon Garewal, Senior Metadata Librarian, Taxonomy Manager

Two options for the live session: Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 at 2:00-2:30 PM EDT
or Thursday, Oct. 12 at 10:00-10:30 AM EDT

Registration link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/3595867402054576898

If you can’t make one of the live sessions, please feel free to register
for the webinar and we’ll send you a link to the recording and accompanying
materials.