From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:43:28 -0400
From: Dominic Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:28:55 +0200

Hi Leo

Now I understand. Thanks.

The information which we collect and display in DOAJ is for authors, for
the practical purpose of helping them. We ask the question about APCs so
that we can display the answer alongside a journal's entry in DOAJ, to help
authors make an informed decision about publishing in a journal. An author
using DOAJ for that decision-making process will only be interested in
knowing if s/he or someone has to pay.

I am led to believe that SCOAP3 is not a new thing and indeed the journals
you mention were added to DOAJ in 2015, 2016 and 2017 so listing these as
such is not a recent change.

I hope that helps clarify things.

All the best, Dom

Best, Dom