From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 21:49:04 -0400
From: "Hinchliffe, Lisa W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 17:24:32 +0000

I’m having a hard time conceptualizing how students doing a class
assignment could be overzealous. It disturbs me to think that our license
agreements would start to impinge on which faculty pedagogies libraries are
able to support.  Am I misunderstanding something?

******************************
Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe

Professor/ Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction,
University Library

Affiliate Faculty, School of Information Sciences

University of Illinois, 1408 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, Illinois 61801

[log in to unmask], 217-333-1323 <(217)%20333-1323> (v), 217-244-4358
<(217)%20244-4358> (f)

******************************

From: "Ms. Narda Tafuri" <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 13:30:29 +0000

Dear colleagues,

We recently were contacted and warned by ProQuest Technical Support due to
“excessive usage.”  This turned out to be legitimate usage by overzealous
students working on a class assignment.   Coincidently, I was just sent a
new “overarching” ProQuest license to sign.   Our license indicates that
users are permitted to download or print “reasonable” amounts of material.
  The new license contains a new section with a list of Restrictions.

I am wondering if others are also experiencing this type of thing
(excessive usage claims) coming from ProQuest and a tightening of license
terms regarding usage?

Thank you to anyone who is willing to share their recent experience with
this.

Best,

Narda

Narda Tafuri

Associate Professor

Coordinator of Technical Services/Acquisitions Librarian

University of Scranton

Weinberg Memorial Library

800 Linden St.

Scranton, PA  18510