From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:53:18 -0500
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 10:13:44 -0500

*The Second Digital Transformation of Scholarly Publishing: Strategic
Context and Shared Infrastructure *was published today (Jan. 29. 2024) by
Ithaka S+R.

In a report published today, with funding from STM Solutions and five STM
members, we argue that a robust, nimble, and shared infrastructure is
imperative to support the vital work of scholarly communication and
effectively and efficiently meet the emerging service needs of different
stakeholders. In the report, we review several key categories of existing
infrastructure, such as identifiers and enterprise publishing systems, and
offer recommendations about how they can be improved to address key needs.
In addition, we identify several categories where new forms of shared
infrastructure should be developed, offering specific recommendations for
each.....

More at:

https://sr.ithaka.org/blog/shared-infrastructure-for-the-second-digital-transformation-of-scholarly-publishing/

Report here: