From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:07:02 -0500
From: Penny Trees <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:55:10 +0000

*CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS  *– Texas A&M University and Emerald Publishing
have announced that they have signed a new agreement that will provide open
access publishing rights for Texas A&M researchers in 2024 alongside access
to Emerald’s complete collection of journals.

“We are delighted to expand our relationship with Texas A&M,” said Gina
McCue, Emerald vice president and director of sales. “This is Emerald’s
inaugural read and publish agreement in North America, and we are excited
to have this opportunity to make high quality research from Texas A&M
available at no cost to scholars and practitioners around the world.”

This agreement reflects a heightened focus at Emerald on meeting the needs
of customers and researchers in North America and comes 18 months after
Emerald was acquired by Cambridge Information Group.

“Emerald Publishing is committed to supporting meaningful, real-world
impact,” said Terri Teleen, president of Emerald Publishing Group, Inc. “Our
core ethos is to publish impactful research that makes a difference and
drives positive change. This new agreement not only reinforces this
commitment but signals the next step in our publishing journey. We look
forward to striking similar agreements in the future with other customers
in North America.”

As a long-standing subscription customer of Emerald Publishing, Texas A&M
University Libraries highlights this new open access publishing
relationship as a value-add for both Texas A&M research support and Emerald.

“Texas A&M University Libraries play a leadership role in research support
and the library profession,” Julie Mosbo Ballestro, university librarian
and assistant provost for Texas A&M University, said. “Our exciting new
agreement with Emerald Publishing will further advance our mission to
decrease the cost of publishing research papers through open access
publishing. We look forward to strengthening our relationship with Emerald
and welcome their shared commitment to elevating the visibility of
research, increasing citations, and improving discovery through open
access.”

*ENDS *

*About Emerald Publishing: **www.emeraldpublishing.com*
<http://www.emeraldpublishing.com/>

Founded by management scholars in 1967, and now part of the Cambridge
Information Group, Emerald Publishing provides a range of publishing
services to help researchers tell their stories in a meaningful and timely
way, providing innovative tools and services to build confidence and
capability in impactful research. As a proud signatory of DORA, Emerald is
committed to establishing new pathways to impact, making research more
accessible, and helping communities make decisions that change their world
for the better.

For over 50 years Emerald's core purpose has been to champion fresh
thinkers and help them make a difference so that little by little those in
academia or in practice can unite to bring positive change in the real
world. Emerald Publishing is proud to be Highly Commended for the Alison
Morrison Diversity and Inclusivity Award in the Independent Publishers
Guild's Independent Publishing Awards 2023.

*Penny Trees*

Brand Manager | Emerald Publishing

*[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>* | *emeraldpublishing.com
<http://emeraldpublishing.com>* | emerald.com/insight
<http://www.emeraldinsight.com/>

Emerald Publishing Limited, Registered Office: Emerald Publishing, Floor 5,
Northspring, 21-23 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 4DL
United Kingdom. Registered in England No. 3080506, VAT No. GB 665 3593 06

For information about how we use your personal data, and your rights in
relation to this, see our *Privacy Notice*
<http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/about/policies/privacy.htm>. This
email is confidential between us and the intended recipient. Any recipient
who receives this email in error should immediately report the error to us
and permanently delete this email from all storage devices.