From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 21:55:25 -0500
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 04:02:28 +0000

Thanks to a strong positive response from our subscribers, we are happy to
announce that all 2024 articles in our Subscribe to Open program will be
published open access -- free to be read by everyone and with no author
charges.

This is the second year of our S2O program, which includes our five most
established publications:

Geometry & Topology,
Algebraic & Geometric Topology,
Algebra & Number Theory,
Analysis & PDE,
Pacific Journal of Mathematics.

These five journals adopted Subscribe to Open, a more equitable open-access
model that converts journals to open access one year at a time.  Each year,
if enough subscribers continue to fund the production of a journal, that
year’s articles are published open access. That means Subscribe to Open
relies on your continued subscriptions -- rather than author charges or
pure altruism -- to succeed.  The model is described at
https://msp.org/s2o/#descr

This continuing success of our S2O program is encouraging for a transition
to open access through models that do not create financial barriers for
authors, nor cut away careful copyediting and typesetting. We're excited
that this program will enable us to further our mission: to serve the math
community through high-quality publishing, by and for mathematicians, and
help others do the same.

We're looking forward to continued community participation and support in
the years to come, to make it possible that future years' content will also
be published open access.

We couldn't have done this without you.
Thank you!

Alex