From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:51:46 -0500
From: Faye Holst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 09:39:03 +0000

Good morning all,

I hope you’ve had a good start to your week. We are excited to share with
you that IOP Publishing has joined the OA Switchboard. Institutions and
funders with access to the OA Switchboard will now be automatically
notified when an OA article has been published in one of our journals or
partner journals. See full announcement below.

Best wishes,

Faye Holst

Communications Manager at IOP Publishing

*******

*IOP Publishing joins OA Switchboard to streamline open access reporting*

As part of their ongoing commitment to open science, IOP Publishing (IOPP)
is joining the OA Switchboard to make it easier

for institutional customers to manage open access (OA) agreements. The
partnership will enable academic institutions and research funding
organisations to monitor information relating to OA research outputs via a
central information hub.

Institutions and funders with access to the OA Switchboard will now be
automatically notified when an OA article has been published in an IOPP
journal or partner journal. This will improve the visibility of published
OA research and enable institutions and funders to report on OA publication
data from all participating publishers in one place and format.

The OA Switchboard is designed to address the increasingly complex network
of OA agreements between publishers and institutions, along with a rise in
the number of policies developed by research funding organisations, which
makes managing OA data difficult.

IOPP’s OA journal output published as part of an OA agreement continues to
grow and has doubled in 2023 compared to the previous year.

Julian Wilson, Chief Sales Officer at IOPP says: “The OA Switchboard
initiative supports us on our journey to make OA a reality by simplifying
the sharing and reporting of journal information throughout the entire
publishing process. It is OA infrastructure like this that really helps
materialise open science”

Yvonne Campfens, Executive Director at the OA Switchboard comments: "We are
delighted for IOPP to come on board and become part of the OA Switchboard
which offers a one-stop-shop for information sharing among stakeholders,
cutting down transactional costs for everyone involved while offering a
secure environment for publication metadata. It is designed to operate and
integrate with all stakeholder systems."

IOPP’s partnership with the OA Switchboard starts early 2024 and will
initially be applied for a year after which the benefits will be reviewed
to assess if further efficiencies can be achieved.

ENDS

*About IOP Publishing*
IOP Publishing is a society-owned scientific publisher, delivering impact,
recognition, and value to the scientific community. Its purpose is to
expand the world of physics, offering a portfolio of journals, eBooks,
conference proceedings and science news resources globally. As a wholly
owned subsidiary of the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society, IOP
Publishing supports the Institute’s work to inspire people to develop their
knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of physics. Go to
http://ioppublishing.org or follow us @IOPPublishing
<https://twitter.com/IOPPublishing>.

IOP Publishing contact: [log in to unmask]

*About the OA Switchboard*
The OA Switchboard is a mission-driven, community led initiative designed
to simplify the sharing of information between stakeholders about open
access publications throughout the whole publication journey. It provides a
standardised messaging protocol and shared infrastructure that is designed
to operate and integrate with all stakeholder systems. It is built by and
for the people who use it, and is leveraged with existing PID’s.

*Faye Holst Communications Manager*

*IOP **Publishing*

No.2 The Distillery, Glassfields, Avon Street, Bristol, BS2 0GR

Mobile: 07521898970
ioppublishing.org @ioppublishing <https://twitter.com/IOPPublishing>

------------------------------

IOP Publishing email addresses have changed from @iop.org to @
ioppublishing.org, except those of our legal and finance teams, which have
changed to @ioplegal.org and @iopfinance.org respectively.

*IOP Publishing Limited*
Registered in England under Registration No 00467514.
Registered Office: No. 2 The Distillery, Glassfields, Avon Street, Bristol,
BS2 0GR.

Your privacy is important to us. For information about how IOPP uses your
personal data, please see our Privacy Policy
<http://ioppublishing.org/privacy-cookies-policy/>