From:
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2018 00:32:14 -0400
From: JJE Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 22:11:57 -0500

The use of list prices in discussions of  journals is at best irrelevant
and probably cynical.

May I raise a data question? What is the cost per article across a
library's many vendors? I am not suggesting that this is a good or useful
metric; I am simply attempting to ascertain what that figure is. So, for
example, if a library gets 1 million articles for $1 million, the cost per
article would be $1. Are these figures commonly calculated? Are there any
publicly available summaries?

Thank you.

Joe Esposito