From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 22:01:40 -0400
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:51:38 -0400

*Generative AI and Scholarly Publishing: new Ithaka research project*

Rapidly changing user needs and expectations, the potential of generative
AI to mitigate stubborn systemic challenges in the scholarly publishing
industry, and an awareness of the risks generative AI poses to expert
knowledge demand that we find time for deep reflection about what
generative AI *means* for scholarly publishing as a sector and its value as
a component of the shared infrastructure that supports scholarly and
scientific research and communications.

To help, Ithaka S+R is launching a new study of the strategic implications
of generative AI for scholarly publishing, with support from STM Solutions
and a group of its members. The following key questions will guide our
inquiry:

More here:
https://sr.ithaka.org/blog/generative-ai-and-scholarly-publishing/