From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 01:00:20 -0400
From: Young Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:45:58 +0000

Dear colleagues,

Berghahn Journals is delighted to announce that all 2024 volumes in
our *Berghahn
Open Anthro – Subscribe-to-Open <http://www.berghahnjournals.com/BOA>*
(BOA-S2O)
collection will be open access.

The BOA-S2O collection, which now includes 16 journals, is in its fifth
year thanks to the continued support of the library community. Now with
over 50 collections level *participants
<https://www.berghahnjournals.com/page/boa-participants/boas2o-participants>*
and 300 title level participants on board, we have published over 850 open
access research articles from over 60 countries. Together with the other
scholarly outputs published by these journals, over 1,900 authors have been
able to publish open access without paying APCs. We continue to see
significant *usage increases
<https://www.berghahnjournals.com/fileasset/Berghahn%20Open%20Anthro%20-%20Subscribe%20to%20Open%20(S2O)%20Impact%20Report_final.pdf>*
due
to the expanded discoverability and accessibility. Furthermore, we have
been able to expand the collection by adding two renowned society
journals:* Social
Anthropology/Anthropologie sociale* (published on behalf the *European
Association of Social Anthropologists <https://easaonline.org/>*) in 2022
and *Ethnologia Europaea
<https://www.berghahnjournals.com/view/journals/ethnologia-europaea/ethnologia-europaea-overview.xml?tab_body=subscribeopen>*
(published
on behalf of the *International Society for Ethnology and Folklore
<https://www.siefhome.org/>*) in 2024.

For the BOA-S2O titles to remain open in 2025 and beyond, continuous
renewal support is essential. Libraries must continue to renew their
subscriptions each year to support the cost of journal publication without
author-facing charges. Participating libraries receive backfile access with
an active subscription and ‘guaranteed open access’ benefits for their
researchers which ensures Gold Open Access status should the threshold not
be met for a particular year.

The positive impact we have seen since 2020, for all stakeholders,
reaffirms our dedication to S2O and we look forward to continuing to
publish vital anthropology research and pushing forward in our mission of
equitable and sustainable open access.

Find complete details on Berghahn’s Subscribe to Open program *here
<https://www.berghahnjournals.com/page/berghahn-open-anthro>*.

______

About Berghahn Open Anthro:

Berghahn Open Anthro is a *pioneering S2O initiative for anthropology
<https://www.berghahnjournals.com/page/boa-timeline/boas2o-timeline>* conceived
and implemented by Berghahn in partnership with Libraria, a collective of
researchers based in the social sciences. Founded in 1994, Berghahn is an
independent mission-driven press committed to enabling innovative
contributions to scholarship in its fields of specialty. Visit:
*www.berghahnbooks.com
<http://www.berghahnbooks.com>*

Berghahn is a founding member of the *Subscribe to Open Community of
Practice <https://subscribetoopencommunity.org/>*, whose purpose is to
disseminate good practice for all stakeholders to adopt and implement the
principles of S2O with the goal of building consensus around the model as a
sustainable mechanism for delivering open access.

Contact: Young Lee, Journals Marketing and Library Relations Manager: