From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2017 22:33:13 -0500
From: Maria Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 13:14:41 +0000

Dear colleagues,

We are still accepting registrations for next week's free UKSG webinar:
"Authentication technology update: RA21 and OpenAthens"

Tuesday 28 November 2017 at 1400 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

For more information and to register (for the live event or recording),
please visit https://www.uksg.org/webinars/authentication

Speakers:
- Josh Howlett, Head of trust and identity, Jisc
- Phil Leahy, Service Relationship Manager (IAM), Eduserv
- Tasha Mellins-Cohen, Director of Publishing, Microbiology Society
(facilitator)

Learning outcomes:
- An understanding of the aims of the RA21 pilot projects
- An understanding of the OpenAthens offer, including a new WAYF service

The intended audience includes librarians and publishers with an awareness
of authentication and authorisation tools such as OpenAthens, seeking more
detail on future developments in the space.

We welcome your questions during registration to help shape the webinar's
content. For instance, "How does RA21 ensure the privacy of their end
users? What's the role for libraries with RA21?"

UKSG webinars are:
- Recorded and the link to the recording provided to all active
registrations (so please do not cancel your registration if you find you
are subsequently unable to attend the live event). Feel free to register
for the recording alone.
- Open to all (you do not need to be a member of UKSG to register)
- Shared among colleagues (feel free to pass on this message)

NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
These are available at https://www.uksg.org/webinars/authentication
(Especially useful for those new to webinars or joining from an
institution.) We recommend you check your connection and consult your IT
department to make sure access will not be impeded.

ACCESSIBILITY:
If you have particular accessibility needs, please feel free to contact me
on [log in to unmask]

We look forward to welcoming you next Tuesday or hearing from you via
#UKSGwebinar.

With regards

Maria

Maria Campbell