From:
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2014 17:34:00 -0400
From: Mary Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 07:09:03 -0500

I don't know about at the beginning, but for several years I didn't realize
that SPINE and SPINE JOURNAL were 2 separate titles. It seems to me that
non librarians, including journalists, tend to stick on the word "journal"
at the end casually not realizing the huge difference it makes. Based
on previous experience, I assumed they were referencing SPINE.

So personally I'd say if you are going to use the word "JOURNAL" it would
be better to put it at the beginning. And as for "of" or "on" there are so
many "Journal of" titles that it can be confusing for users searching a
list that is actually alphabetized properly -- the "Journal on" would not
appear in the main list! I skip that internal word for that reason.

Good for you for asking! Sometimes picky details are important!

Mary Peters, Medical Library Manager
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
Dallas, TX 75219

From: Miranda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:57:13 +0000

In starting a new journal should the word “journal” be included in the
title? For example,  is it important to include "Journal of..."  or
…Journal on…”? Does it make a difference with discoverability?

Changing a journal name is not the easiest thing to do, so we wanted
to ask early in the process.

Thanks in advance!

Miranda

Miranda Walker